The European Environmental Citizens Organisation for Standardisation (ECOS) is looking for experts to provide expertise and represent, on behalf of ECOS, the environmental interests in the development of European standards related to chemical substances in construction products.
ECOS is looking in particular for experts to represent it in the following groups:
- CEN/Technical Committee (TC) 351
- CEN/TC 351 Working Group (WG) 1
- CEN/TC 351 WG 2
More information on the groups is available in the call for experts document here
The tasks of the expert will include:
- To monitor the relevant work of the one or several specific technical committees;
- To participate in and present ECOS’ views in the selected standardisation committee meetings and report back to ECOS Secretariat (circa 2-3 meetings a year);
- To prepare technical input and position papers in close collaboration with the ECOS Secretariat;
- To regularly exchange with interested ECOS member organisations and other experts (by e-mail).
Activities are expected to start in October 2013 and will continue in 2014.
To find out more information about the call for experts including the remuneration and how to apply, please click here.
Response requested by no later than 31 October 2013
ECOS is an umbrella organisation representing 30 European environmental NGOs in the development process of European standards and technical product policies related to ecodesign and energy labelling. More information is available at www.ecostandard.org.